One of the cultural attractions of the city of Krasnoyarsk is the famous House of Artists, located on Prospekt Mira. The artist’s house is an amazing place that is very popular not only with local residents, but also with city guests. The institution was founded in 1958 as a center of concentration of artists of the Krasnoyarsk Territory.
The Artist's House consists of several floors. On the ground floor there is a cultural Salon of artists. It is here that creative natures can share their unrivaled experience and rich knowledge, thereby inspiring each other to create amazing new masterpieces. In addition, there is organized the sale of materials for creativity and art, a local library consisting of books and albums telling about the life and work of Siberian and Russian artists.
The second floor is represented by two exhibition halls, the exposition of which is updated every three weeks. Various creative contests are regularly organized on the second floor. On two more floors there are art workshops where masters can create masterpieces in comfortable conditions. Passing to the third floor, guests will find themselves in a cozy cinema.
Today, the Krasnoyarsk House of Artists is a unique center in which artists, art historians, architects, photographers, critics, curators, musicians, writers, as well as designers and specialists working in the field of culture, are able to freely communicate on professional topics, taking part in various exciting art events and projects.
As great artists say, art is forever. But in order for it to become so, it must be introduced to the people, and the House of Artists in the city of Krasnoyarsk will help to do this.
Paraskeva Chapel Friday
- Schedule: from 7:00 to 24:00 daily.
- Address: st. Stepan Razin, 51a.
Literally every Russian and many guests of the country know this symbol of the metropolis, because its image adorns a banknote of 10 rubles. The chapel with a green tent roof, erected on top of the Karaulnaya Mountain, was previously visible from any part of the city. She has an interesting story. The current octagonal brick building was built with the money of the philanthropist gold miner Kuznetsov, on the site of an older building erected in the early 19th century. a certain merchant, in gratitude for the miraculous salvation from death when crossing the Yenisei. A cannon shot is fired daily at noon from the site near the chapel, and in the evening you should come here to enjoy stunning views of the city.
- Schedule: Year-round, in the daytime.
- Ticket price: the cost of excursions for a group of 4 people is from 1800 to 6000 p. depending on the chosen route.
- Phone: +7 391 269-86-67.
- Website: http://www.zapovednik-stolby.ru.
- Address: st. Career, 26a. Stop "Chalet", buses No. 19, 50, 78, 80.
The unique natural recreation in the suburbs of Krasnoyarsk is a favorite vacation spot for citizens. The spurs of the Eastern Sayan mountains are incredibly picturesque, and the air filled with aromas of coniferous trees and alpine herbs is surprisingly clean. Taiga birds and animals live here, berries and mushrooms grow, and in the fall you can enjoy pine nuts. The highlight of the reserve is the ancient cliffs, called pillars, which took on a bizarre shape under the influence of wind and rain. The age of megaliths is estimated by scientists at 450-600 million years. The pillars are beautiful in both summer and winter. To visit this wonderful place is a must.
Station and station square
The building of the main railway station of the city appeared on its current site in 1961. The magnificent building with a massive central part, crowned by a huge dome with a spire, having two symmetrically located six-story pylons looks grandiose. Its facade is decorated with square columns lined with polished granite. Under the cornices of the pylons there are watches with large dials. During the reconstruction in 2005, the architectural ensemble of the station square was supplemented with three round fountains. In the center of the largest of them, a 16-meter-high column was erected. On its top was a bronze figure of a lion holding the heraldic symbols of Krasnoyarsk, a spade and sickle, in its paws. The sculpture has a height of 3.5 meters and a weight of about 3 tons. The whole composition looks surprisingly harmonious and even pompous.
Light and music fountain on Theater Square
- Address: bus stop "Opera and Ballet Theater".
40 of the pumps supplying water to the system, including 2.5 thousand nozzles and 4 thousand nozzles, provide the work of one of the most ambitious hydraulic structures of the metropolis, consisting of three granite bowls. By the will of the operator, they create an amazing interweaving of jets that change height to the rhythm of the music. A fan-splashing spray illuminated by 600 multi-colored lamps creates a spectacular sight. The extravaganza of water, music and light will not leave indifferent either an adult or a child.
"Rivers of Siberia"
- Address: bus stop "Opera and Ballet Theater".
Another amazing fountain, but already in cascading form, is nearby, in front of the Krasnoyarsk hotel. It consists of five rectangular stone bowls, the level of each of which is below the previous one. Geysers fill them with water flowing down the stone steps between the pools. In the center of the fountain is a figure of the father of the Yenisei, holding a merchant boat in his hands. It has a height of more than three meters, and weighs almost a ton. Another seven smaller sculptures depicting nymphs are installed around the perimeter of the structure. The statues symbolize the great rivers of Eastern Siberia: the Angara, Biryusu, Manu, Kachu, Bazaikha, Tunguska, Khatanga. The composition looks especially great in the evening when the backlight turns on.
The Abduction of Europe
- Address: bus stop “Predmostnaya Ploshchad”.
The magnificent six-cup fountain is especially loved by the townspeople, who often make appointments here. It appeared not far from Predmost Square in 2004. Its highlight is a sculptural composition created based on the ancient myth of the same name. Beautiful Europe sits on the head of a mighty bull, resting his hand on his powerful curved horns. Bronze figures are made with amazing craftsmanship. The volume of the fountain bowls does not exceed 5 m³, so it looks extremely elegant.
"St. Petersburg bridge"
- Address: Prospekt Mira, 45a. Bus stop "Public service center", landmark - shopping center.
This elegant building designed by the architect Julia Kuznetsova appeared in the city recently, but has already become one of the “sacred” places of Krasnoyarsk. By tradition, wedding processions come here, and in the evenings, couples in love spend their time in a romantic setting. The composition consists of a small lake and an elegant bridge thrown over it. From the frame of the bowl beat trickles of water. They mix with the sprays overthrown by geysers, whose nozzles are located in bronze water lilies framed by natural stone. The impression of the fountain can be characterized in just one word - enchanting!
In Krasnoyarsk there are also small, but very original fountains in the form of tetrahedral granite bowls in which rotating, stone balls are placed. It seems that they are floating in the water. You can see the unique structures on Predmostnaya Square and in the cash room of the railway station.
- Address: Peace Square. Bus stop hotel "October".
Against the background of this grandiose structure, it is easy to take magnificent photos to commemorate your stay in the city. The Arc de Triomphe, erected to the 375th anniversary of Krasnoyarsk on the site where, according to legend, in 1628 the Cossack pioneers landed on the Yenisei River, who founded the prison, which gave rise to the megalopolis. But its symbolism is not only that. The monument is dedicated to the great feat of the Soviet people, who won the victory over fascism, for which hundreds of thousands of Siberian soldiers were given their lives. Lined with polished stone, the Arch looks, at the same time, solemn and very elegant.
"Big Ben Tower"
- Address: st. Karl Marx, 93. Stop of the transport “Opera and Ballet Theater”.
Krasnoyarsk residents, as well as residents of London, can boast their own Big Ben. The construction of the magnificent tower was started back in the 70s of the last century. But then the city authorities cooled to him, freezing the project. Construction work resumed almost 20 years later, and in September 2001 the metropolis acquired a new attraction, which is very popular among tourists. The exterior of the tower accurately reproduces the look of the London counterpart. It has 4 dials with diameters of 6.5 meters and a weight of 1.5 tons each.
- Address: st. Dubrovinsky, 1a. Bus stop “Museum named after Surikov. "
Listing the main architectural monuments of Krasnoyarsk, it is impossible not to say about the building of the River Station, erected in 1952. It looks surprisingly elegant for structures of this type. The thing is that initially in a two-story mansion with amazing columns and a quadrangular rotunda, the roof of which is crowned with a long spire, the art gallery should have been housed. However, the then chief architect of the city considered it inappropriate for one of the main cultural institutions to be on the waterfront. The paintings and sculptures moved to another place, and the passengers received a spacious, comfortable and very beautiful station.
- Address: st. Decembrists, 22. Stop the transport "Organ Hall".
It is considered the most well-preserved monument of wooden architecture in Krasnoyarsk. Original two-story building made of timber for the curator of the church L.L. Svyatopolk-Mirsky was built in 1911. In the architecture of the mansion, a mixture of Russian and European styles is felt. Laminated windows of the facade are combined with rectangular openings of the side walls, and the figured carving of the decorating elements, typical of the houses of Warsaw or Wroclaw, coexists perfectly with the curly Siberian platbands. Now the building houses the administration of the church and a music school.
Museum of Local Lore
- Schedule: from Tuesday to Sunday inclusive, in the summer from 11:00 to 19:00, and in the winter from 11:00 to 18:00.
- Ticket price: adult - 100 p., Children and student - 40 p., For pensioners - 50 p.
- Phone: +7 391 227-92-04
- Website: http://www.kkkm.ru.
- Address: st. Dubrovinsky, 84. Stop transport "Opera and Ballet Theater".
The building of the museum itself, which is a reconstruction of the ancient Egyptian temple, is considered one of the main architectural attractions of the city. The collection of the institution, founded back in 1889, includes about 145 thousand exhibits. The exhibition includes personal belongings of the great Krasnoyarsk residents - Surikov, Astafiev, Hvorostovsky. A separate room is devoted to the history of the peoples inhabiting Eastern Siberia since ancient times. Here you will see not only archaeological artifacts, but also an amazing collection of wax figures dressed in the traditional clothes of hunters, pastoralists and warriors of various tribes. Visit the museum is a must.
- Schedule: daily, from 11:00 to 19:00.
- Ticket price: from 200 to 400 rubles.
- Phone: +7 391 221-05-66.
- Website: http://www.krasfil.ru.
- Address: st. Decembrists, 20. Stop transport "Organ Hall".
Another architectural monument - the former church, is now used as a concert venue. The temple, built in 1911 in accordance with the canons of Gothic architecture, was used for its intended purpose for only 9 years. Then, the building housed anything - from warehouses to the radio committee. At the end of the last century, it underwent restoration; the Czech company Rieger-Kloss manufactured and built here an organ of 2,000 pipes. Since 1983, majestic melodies have again sounded under the arches of the temple. Connoisseurs of organ music will undoubtedly appreciate the magnificent acoustics of the hall.
Museum of Literature
- Schedule: daily, except Monday, from 10:00 to 18:00.
- Ticket price: adult - 100 p., Children and student - 50 p.
- Phone: +7 391 227-48-30.
- Website: http://www.kkkm.ru.
- Address: st. Lenin, 66. Stop transport "Main Post Office".
The wooden museum building, built at the end of the XIX century. truly unique. It is an unsurpassed example of a harmonious combination of Gothic architectural style and Russian architectural traditions. The museum’s collection consists of various editions of the works of the famous Krasnoyarsk V.P. Astafyev and other Siberian writers. The expositions include posters, posters, photographs, autographs, personal belongings of poets and writers. Visitors will find a fascinating and very informative tour.
Museum-ship “Saint Nicholas”
- Schedule: Tuesday-Wednesday from 10:00 to 18:00, Thursday from 13:00 to 21:00, Friday-Sunday from 10:00 to 18:00.
- Ticket price: adult - 70 p., Children and student - 50 p.
- Phone: +7 391 227-92-04.
- Website: http://www.kkkm.ru.
- Address: st. Dubrovinsky, 84.
The ship, which set off for the first navigation along the Yenisei in 1887, has a very interesting history. A ship built at Tyumen shipyards equipped with a Swedish steam engine has long been considered the fastest in Siberia. At different times, Tsar Nicholas II, who was then still the heir to the Russian throne, and the future leader of the world proletariat V.I. Lenin. The interiors of the wardroom and other spaces of the ship recreate the historical setting. During the tour you will see the wax figures of the famous passengers of the ship. Part of the exhibition is dedicated to the life of Leni in the Siberian exile.
Zoo "Roy Creek"
- Schedule: daily from 9:00 to 21:00.
- Ticket price: adult - 300 p., Children - 100 p.
- Phone: +7 391 269-80-80.
- Website: https://www.roev.ru.
- Address: st. Sverdlovskaya, 293. Stopping transport “Royev Ruchey”.
The zoo, located on the side of the mountain, is considered one of the largest in Russia. It contains in excellent conditions more than 6,200 representatives of the fauna that live on all continents. You will be able to visit the only penguinarium beyond the Urals, the huge water area, watch the life of sharks placed in a spacious aquarium. The zoo has a unique collection of African mammals: meerkats, giraffes, chimpanzees, zebras, wildebeests. Artificial ponds inhabited a variety of birds. Aviaries with large cats and bears are traditionally popular. Gorgeous photos can be taken on the background of dinosaur sculptures.
Krasnoyarsk Art Museum
- Schedule: daily from 10:00 to 18:00, except Monday, Thursday from 13:00 to 21:00.
- Ticket price: adult - 150 rubles, children and students - 80 rubles, a child under 5 years old can be spent free of charge.
- Phone: +7 391 212-22-50
- Website: http://www.surikov-museum.ru.
- Address: st. Paris Commune, 20. Stop of transport "Surikov Museum".
Museum bearing the name of the great artist Krasnoyarsk V.I. Surikov, was founded in 1957 on the basis of a collection transferred from the Museum of Local Lore. In the halls of Russian painting of the XVIII - XIX centuries. posted paintings by Shishkin, Repin, Aivazovsky, Korovin, Kramskoy. A separate exposition is allocated for Surikov’s paintings, among which it is necessary to highlight “Anfisa”, “Nun”, “Gurzuf”, “Annunciation”. The graphics section presents the works of Roerich, Savrasov, Benoit. Of great interest to visitors is the exhibits of the halls of Western European and arts and crafts.
- Schedule: daily, except Monday. On weekdays, performances begin at 19:00, and on weekends at 18:00.
- Ticket price: from 100 to 600 p.
- Phone: +7 391 222-38-39.
- Website: http://www.24pushkin.ru.
- Address: Prospekt Mira, 73.Bus stop "Perensona Street".
Admirers of dramatic art simply cannot fail to visit one of the theater’s performances, the history of which dates back about 150 years. The troupe moved to the current building with an antique portico, supported by magnificent columns in 1902, and from then on continues to delight the viewer with beautiful performances, collecting full houses. Classics and plays by contemporary playwrights are staged with constant success on the stage of the theater. The interiors of the auditorium are magnificent, the ground floor and balconies are decorated with red velvet. Excellent acoustics allows you to perfectly hear speech from the stage, even in the gallery.
Admirers of stage art should visit the opera and ballet theater, where Hvorostovsky once shone, to enjoy comedy in a wonderful city operetta. Be sure to bring the child to the circus, to the performance of the Youth Theater. And this is only a small part of the cultural program that Krasnoyarsk offers its guests.
The main monuments
The city has a great many monuments. These are Bremen Town Musicians, and a sculpture of Apollo near the Opera, “Harlequin and Colombine”, a monument to a 10-ruble note and much, much more. But among them are those that must be seen without fail.
- Address: The observation deck is located near the village of Sliznevo on the highway Krasnoyarsk - Divnogorsk.
One of the symbols of the city is rightfully considered the unique monument “Tsar-Fish”, installed on the observation deck, equipped on a picturesque cliff overhanging the Yenisei in the suburbs of Krasnoyarsk. The central figure of the monumental composition of wrought metal is a huge sturgeon, tearing fishing nets. The skin of the fish is wounded by hooks, but it leaves the fishermen, no matter what. The sturgeon is placed on a meter boulder, on a table near which lies an open book of marble. The opening of the monument in 2004 was dedicated to the 80th anniversary of the writer Astafiev.
Monument to Nikolai Rezanov
- Address: Peace Square. Bus stop hotel "October".
Which of us did not admire the famous refrain “You will never forget me” from the rock opera “Juno and Avos”. However, not everyone knows that the most popular work is based on the real story of Commander Nikolai Rezanov. He was a brilliant diplomat, led the first Russian round-the-world expedition, and did a lot to ensure that Alaska became part of the Empire. In Krasnoyarsk, the hero found the last refuge, dying of a cold. In 2007, a monument to this remarkable man was erected with donations from the townspeople. The five-meter bronze figure of the commander, dressed in a military uniform, is placed on a marble pedestal. In front of it is a floating ball fountain, on the polished stone of which the route of the first Russian circumnavigation is engraved.
Monument A.P. Chekhov
- Address: bus stop "Opera and Ballet Theater".
Over the long years of history, Krasnoyarsk was visited by many famous Russians. The townspeople feel a particularly warm attitude towards the great writer Chekhov, who stayed here in 1890, while traveling to Sakhalin. Anton Pavlovich was completely fascinated by Krasnoyarsk, although he spent only 24 hours on this earth. Subsequently, on the pages of Traveling Notes, the writer called it the most beautiful Siberian city. The monument to Chekhov, erected in 1995, became an expression of gratitude to the Krasnoyarsk residents for such a high rating.
The city of Krasnoyarsk, the sights of which amaze and delight, can be considered a wonderful place to spend a vacation. It guarantees guests a varied and exciting vacation with a lot of positive impressions.
Briefly about Krasnoyarsk
One of the largest cities in Russia is located in the foothills of the northern spurs of the East Sayan. It covers an area of 353.9 square meters. km on both sides of the Yenisei River, dividing Siberia into East and West. The city population is 1.1 million people, agglomerations - 1.5 million people.
The history of Krasnoyarsk began in 1628 with the construction of the prison, called the Red Yar. The fortress was laid by the nobleman Andrei Dubensky, who arrived on the Yenisei lands at the head of a detachment of 300 Cossacks. On August 19, 1928 the construction of the "small" prison was completed, this date is now celebrated as the city’s birthday. After 28 years, the "big" prison was built, in 1690 it received the status of a city. At that time, the population was mainly Cossacks and their families.
In 1735, the Siberian Highway connected Krasnoyarsk with other cities and regions. This gave an impetus to development, but it still remained a small county town with a population of 2 thousand people. In 1773 there was a strong fire that destroyed most of the buildings, only 30 houses survived. The city was rebuilt already according to a single plan.
From this moment begins the history of modern Krasnoyarsk. Industry began to develop, educational institutions opened, temples and public buildings were built. Now Krasnoyarsk is the administrative center of the Krasnoyarsk Territory and the East Siberian Economic District, the second largest in Russia, as well as a major scientific, educational and sports center of the country.
How to get there
There are several ways to get to Krasnoyarsk: air, land, water. The choice depends on the distance of the distance and time for the trip.
- By plane. The city has an international airport Emelyanovo, accepting local, intercity and international flights. At least eight flights are carried out from Moscow per day, once a day a plane arrives from St. Petersburg. International transport is limited to Central Asia, China and Vietnam. The airport is located 30 km from the city center, which can be overcome by bus, the travel time will be 45 min-1.5 hours. A ticket is sold according to your passport, baggage is paid separately. A taxi ride to the center will take 40 minutes and will cost 1200 rubles. Yemelyanovo Airport is 30 km from the city center
- By train. Through Krasnoyarsk along the Trans-Siberian Railway, all trains go from west to east beyond the Yenisei. From Moscow, the road will take 2.5–3 days. There is a direct train to Abakan, and a trailer car from Tomsk to a train to Vladivostok. The train station is a half hour walk from the center. Trains on the Trans-Siberian Railway arrive at the Krasnoyarsk Railway Station
- There are regular buses from Tomsk, Kemerovo, Abakan, Minusinsk, Sayanogorsk, Shushensky. Long-distance buses leave from the bus station located near the center.
- By car. This journey is not for faint souls, given the distance and condition of the roads. Near the city runs the M53 highway to Novosibirsk, Tomsk, Kemerovo and Irkutsk. The Yenisei highway (M54) leads to Abakan, Kyzyl and the border with Mongolia.
- On the ship on the Yenisei will only be able to get to Dudinka. Flights are made once a week.
Sights of Krasnoyarsk
Krasnoyarsk is one of the few cities whose main attractions were seen by everyone who at least once held a ten-ruble note in their hands. It depicts the Krasnoyarsk Communal Bridge and the Paraskeva Friday Chapel.
On a banknote of 10 rubles almost out of circulation, the sights of Krasnoyarsk are depicted
The bridge is one of the ten longest bridges in Russia: its length is 2300 m. The decision to build was made back in 1940, then the project was developed by architect A. Dmitriev. The outbreak of war adjusted plans, construction began only in 1956, and it was put into operation in 1961. This was the first road and pedestrian crossing through the Yenisei, built within the city.
The communal bridge is one of the ten longest bridges, it consists of two parts connected by a dam
The unique structure consists of two bridges connected by a dam across the island of Recreation. When installing the semi-arches, an innovative technology was used at that time - watercraft were involved. Built in the style of the late Stalinist empire, the bridge became a decoration of Krasnoyarsk and the pride of its inhabitants.
As the theater begins with a hanger, Krasnoyarsk begins with Strelka, a historical district formed at the confluence of its right tributary, the Kacha River, in the Yenisei. It was here that in 1628 the jail Krasny Yar was laid, which later became a city.
The fire of 1773 destroyed a wooden prison, in its place formed the Market Square, now the Peace Square. In 1865, instead of wooden trading booths, a stone Gostiny Dvor was built, which was later given over to the Museum of Local Lore. Now the building is occupied by the State Archive of the Territory.
The arrow refers to the historical district of Krasnoyarsk, formed at the confluence of the Kacha River in the Yenisei
Nearby was the Ascension Cathedral, whose cemetery served as the burial place of eminent citizens. Here, in 1807, one of the founders of the Russian-American Company, a diplomat, a traveler, Count N. Rezanov, who died in Krasnoyarsk on his return from the East, was buried.
In 1958, the cathedral was destroyed, and with it the cemetery. Now on this place is the building of the Regional Philharmonic. And in memory of the commander, a monument to Rezanov was erected on the square. Opposite the monument, on the site of the Spasskaya tower of the prison, in 2003 the Triumphal Arch 18 m high was installed.
Arrow Center - Peace Square, in the middle of which stands a monument to N. Rezanov
The ensemble of the square also includes the Cultural and Historical Museum Complex, the Metropol business center, the KATEK NII Ugol skyscrapers (BC Panorama). The steamboat museum “Saint Nicholas” is moored at the mooring wall of Strelka.
Krasnoyarsk "Big Ben"
Address: st. Karl Marx, 93.
Yes, Krasnoyarsk residents have their own Big Ben - a clock tower, somewhat reminiscent of London. Its construction began back in the 70s, but was suspended due to lack of money. The author of the project is architect A. Demirkhanov.
Krasnoyarsk "Big Ben" is somewhat similar to the London counterpart
The construction was completed only in 2001 and since then the clock tower has become one of the dominant features of Krasnoyarsk. It has 4 dials, each 6.5 meters in diameter and 1.5 tons in weight. A bell ring announces the onset of a new hour, and a melody sounds every half hour.
Krasnoyarsk is the second city after Moscow, where a tower clock is installed.
Address: st. January 9, 30.
Before the revolution, the monastery church was a parish church. It was built in 1804-1822. in honor of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The temple was built of stone, had three floors, four thrones. The main shrine of the church was the icon of the Right Prince Alexander Nevsky, donated by Emperor Alexander I.
The Annunciation Convent was opened at the Church of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
In Soviet times, the domes of the temple were destroyed, the building housed a fur and fur warehouse. The restoration began in 1990, and in 1995 a nunnery was opened at the church. The construction of a building for it immediately began, completed in 1998. Now there are 40 nuns in the monastery, the church serves as a monastery church.
Church of the Transfiguration
Address: st. Decembrists, 20.
The first building of the Catholic church was built in 1857 from wood. At the beginning of the 20th century, the townspeople decided to replace the dilapidated church with a stone one, for which a fundraiser was announced. Construction continued from 1908 to 1911. The engineer V.A. Sokolovsky, who gave the building a neo-Gothic appearance.
In 1922 the temple was nationalized and leased to the Catholic community, but in 1936 the contract was terminated. After that, the premises were given to the needs of the radio committee, and then the recording studio of radio and television. Later, in 1982, an organ was installed in the temple and the organ hall of the philharmonic society was opened. The first concert was held in 1993, played by the famous organist Harry Grodberg.
Now the Church of the Transfiguration of the Lord is given under the organ hall of the Philharmonic, but Catholic services are also held in it.
Thanks to good acoustics, the hall is popular, and other famous musicians performed here. In parallel, Catholic services are also held in the temple. Now the issue of building a new organ hall and transferring the church to the Catholic parish is being decided.
Church of the Intercession
Address: st. Surikova, 26.
The church was built of wood three times in different places of the city. The first, built in the middle of the XVII century, did not survive the fire of 1773. Her follower was erected on the site of the Annunciation Church in 1774, and in 1785 the construction of a stone cathedral began.
The work lasted ten years and was carried out with the money of the parishioners. At first, the church was going to be called the Epiphany, but the parishioners voted for the name Holy Pokrovsky. In 1795, he was consecrated and became active.
The Church of the Intercession was built in place of the wooden predecessor, even a part of the utensil was moved here
This is one of the oldest stone buildings in the city. The temple is made in the style of the Yenisei school of Siberian Baroque and is recognized as an architectural monument. Outside and inside the church is richly decorated, the decoration was made by I. G. Shcheglov. Part of the decoration, mica windows and three bells from a wooden predecessor were transferred to the stone building. Fyodor Ushakov made the iconostasis, later sold to the village church.
Monument to Andrei Dubensky
Address: st. Partizan Zheleznyak, 1.
The monument to the Cossack governor was erected on Pokrovskaya Hill in 1997. According to legend, it was here that Andrei Dubensky chose a place for laying the city - "where it is high and red." The monument, along with the pedestal, has a height of 7 m, a bronze figure with his arm extended forward, as if observing the life of the city.
The monument to Andrei Dubensky is mounted on a high pillar, it seems that the voivode overlooks the city
The sculpture "White Horse"
This is another sculpture associated with the name of the founder of the city. The composition is set on Strelka, in the historical center. The opening took place in 2006 and was timed to the Day of the city. This is a tribute to the conquerors of Siberia, who first came to the banks of the Yenisei and founded the city here.
Legend has it that in this place the squad of Andrei Dubensky crossed the Yenisei. Having got ashore, the Cossacks threw off their ammunition and went to inspect the shore, leaving the horses to graze.
The sculpture is very popular with the townspeople. It is believed that a person riding a horse will have luck and fulfillment of desires. So the stream of people wishing to climb a 1.5-meter horse does not dry up.
Monument to Andrei Pozdeev
Address: Mira Ave., 83.
Andrei Pozdeev is a well-known Krasnoyarsk artist whose paintings are exhibited at the Art Museum. V.I. Surikov and in the Norilsk art gallery. The sculpture was installed in September 2000, on the artist’s birthday.
Monument to the artist Andrei Pozdeev - one of the favorite sculptures of citizens
The sculpture was very fond of the townspeople who perceive it as a living person. With Pozdeev they love to shake hands, take pictures, and local students even have an omen: if you rub the artist’s nose before the exam, the passing will be successful.
Arbor with the sculptural composition "Pushkin and Natalie"
Address: Pushkin Square.
The sculptural composition "Pushkin and Natalie" is installed in a specially built gazebo
The author of the composition is A. Damirkhanov. The monument was erected in 2008 in Pushkin Square, in a gazebo specially made for this purpose. The opening was timed to coincide with the poet's birthday. This lyrical composition depicts Alexander Sergeevich reading poetry to his muse and wife Natalia Goncharova.
In addition to the monument to the luminary of Russian poetry, there are several more memorable sculptures in Krasnoyarsk.
The fountain was installed in 2000 on Theater Square and immediately fell in love with the townspeople and guests of the city. The mesmerizing musical performance is especially spectacular in the evening, when the backlight turns on and a light show joins the dance of the jets.
It is better to come to the musical fountain on Theater Square in the evening, when it is illuminated by multi-colored lights.
This is the first complex water engineering facility in the city. Its work is provided by 76 pumps, more than a thousand multi-colored lamps and a thousand nozzles. Several modes of water supply allow you to create an unforgettable water extravaganza. The fountain is so popular that it even has its own group on the social network.
Krasnoyarsk Museum Center
Address: pl. Mira, 1.
Hours: daily, except Mondays and Thursdays, from 11:00 to 19:00, Thursday from 11:00 to 21:00, Monday is a day off.
Ticket price: for adults 150 rubles, for children 70 rubles. The price does not include visiting commercial exhibitions.
Krasnoyarsk Museum Center is located in the building, the former Lenin Museum
The museum center (abbreviated as KIC) is located in the former Lenin Museum - a gloomy monumental building on Strelka. But do not judge the content by appearance; in 1997, the CIC was recognized as the best museum in Europe. The largest exhibition area of contemporary art in Siberia occupies 25 thousand square meters. m
Interestingly, the “Night of Museums” was invented in the Krasnoyarsk CIC in 2002. It was titled “Where Dreams Come True.”
Art and photo exhibitions, lectures, concerts, presentations are constantly held here. It has become a tradition to hold a museum night twice a year and a biennale once every two years. Exhibitions from other cities and countries are often brought here, famous masters arrange classes.
Already on the way to the museum you can come across some interesting and funny art object, whether it be a huge matryoshka or a 3D painting on asphalt, painted by the famous American artist Tracy Lee Stam. Or the installation of the no less famous Krasnoyarsk artist V. Slonov. Here the spirit of creativity and a special vision of the world reigns.
Surikov Art Museum
- Department of Russian Art - ul. Paris Commune, 20,
- art department of the XX – XXI centuries - Mira Ave., 12,
- Department of arts and crafts - pr. im. Newspapers "Krasnoyarsk worker", 68.
- Tue, Wed, Fri – Sun - from 10:00 to 16:00,
- Thu - from 13:00 to 21:00,
- Mon - day off.
Ticket price: full adult - 100 rubles, preferential - 50 rubles, excursion from 25 people - 400 rubles.
The museum was created in 1957 on the basis of exhibits from the local history museum and private collections. Many of the works were handed over by the gold miner P.I. Kuznetsov, an expert on art. During the study of V.I. Surikov at the Academy of Arts, he supported the artist financially.
The mansion of the early XX century - the main building of the Art Museum. V.I. Surikova
The museum collection is divided into several sections:
- Old Russian art (icons, church utensils, copper casting),
- Russian art of the 18th – 20th centuries,
- art of the XX – XXI centuries.,
- arts and crafts and folk art.
The exposition is located in three buildings.
The main building is a mansion of the beginning of the XX century, built by the architect V.A. Sokolovsky. The building is recognized as an architectural monument of the Art Nouveau era, an object of cultural heritage. It houses a collection of Russian art.
The halls of the museum exhibit works by masters of Russian painting
The museum exhibits the works of artists of the Krasnoyarsk Territory: S. Anufriev, A. Ilyichev, S. and L. Hakhonin, N. and T. Mashukov, a collection of ancient Russian icons, Western European art and much more. Of particular value are the paintings of V.I. Surikov and Russian avant-garde artists, among which are the works of K. Malevich and V. Kandinsky.
In Krasnoyarsk, genuine masterpieces of wooden architecture have also been preserved. One of these buildings now houses the Literary Museum.
Pillars State Reserve
Speaking about Krasnoyarsk, it is impossible to ignore the “Pillars” - a symbol and pride of Krasnoyarsk, thanks to which the city is known all over the world. This unique nature reserve is located on the right bank of the Yenisei, in the spurs of the Eastern Sayan Mountains.
This is a hundred rocks of bizarre forms surrounded by taiga. Syenite cliffs, which have been exposed to winds and rains for millions of years, have taken on forms resembling people, animals, houses, and fabulous creatures. The cliffs are dotted with passages and manholes, which have become paths for amateur climbers - columnists. Most of the rocks have names: China Wall, Tusk, Lion Gate, Feathers and many others.
Krasnoyarsk “Pillars” - bizarre rocks surrounded by taiga
Local residents have been climbing for more than 150 years. Gradually, this hobby grew into a movement with its culture, folklore and philosophy. Now people from other areas and even countries have joined him.
The reserve covers an area of 47,219 hectares, stretching 34 km from the northwest to the southeast. The height of the cliffs is from 200 to 840 m above sea level. The reserve, created in 1925, is the only one organized at the request of the residents themselves to protect a unique corner of nature. Its natural borders were the Yenisei, Bazaikha and Mana rivers, surrounding the territory from three sides, the fourth adjoins Krasnoyarsk.
For millions of years, nature has worked to create rocks similar to people, animals, objects and buildings.
But not only rocks are valuable in the reserve. Rare species of plants grow on its territory and no less rare animals are found, some of them are listed in the Red Book. For the Krasnoyarsk residents, “Pillars” is a favorite place for recreation and mountaineering, which a fair amount of citizens are passionate about.
Krasnoyarsk in different seasons
Krasnoyarsk is good at any time of the year. Of course, the best time to visit is considered summer, but in winter the city has something to surprise and delight. And do not be afraid of severe Siberian frosts, but in winter in these parts - winter. Here are some ideas for relaxing at different times of the year:
- The Beaver Log Fanpark is an all-weather leisure park on the banks of Bazaihi in the city. In winter, it is a ski resort where you can ski or snowboard. There are lifts, equipment rental, special slopes for riding on the "buns", ice rink. Fans of thrills can take a ride on the Rodelbahn - a trailer that rushes at a frantic speed along rails. In winter, the Bobrovy Log fan park is a ski resort
- In the summer, the Mirage complex with an open-air water park operates in the Beaver Log. For extreme sportsmen there are attractions “Rodelban” (with the already mentioned trailer) and “Ziprider”, as well as a climbing wall - the largest in the country. In summer, an outdoor pool and other activities are organized at the fanpark.
- Fans of outdoor activities can climb to the observation deck of the fanpark, and from there take a hike to the Pillars.
- For summer outdoor recreation the island of Tatyshev is suitable. This green oasis in the city is a favorite summer destination for citizens. You can get on it by water or on foot, on a cable-stayed bridge - another city attraction. Tatyshev Island - a resort area in the city and a favorite vacation spot for residents
- Another all-weather vacation spot is the Garden of Dreams Park. The landscape park is divided into thematic zones: an oriental garden, a children's town, a regular park with a fountain. Here you can admire rare species of plants, take a walk along the lake, where carps splash among the water lilies. Gardens of Dreams Park - a place where everything pleases the eye
- In winter, an ice rink and an exhibition of ice sculptures open in the park.
Rest with a child
For children, Krasnoyarsk offers many entertainment, places of recreation and educational attractions:
- Dreamland is a country of professions for children in the Emerald City DTTs, at: Televizionnaya, 1. In 25 workshops of the complex, children under 12 can try their hand at 50 professions: police officer, doctor, hairdresser, miner, banker and others. There is also a laser cave, a cinema, a labyrinth. Kids have access to a play area. Dreamland - a fun and rewarding pastime for children, where they can try themselves in any profession
- A circus where young spectators can watch the gymnasts, clowns, jugglers, jugglers, and trained animals.
- "Beaver Log" provides an opportunity to relax for the whole family. In the ski complex there are slopes for skiers with different training, including for children. There is a skating rink and snow tubing, and if the child is tired, he can be left in the play area. In summer, the pool and water slides in the Mirage complex will not let the child get bored.
- The steamboat museum Saint Nicholas is interesting to visit not only for boys, but also for girls. Guides will tell about the events associated with the ship, about the passengers who sailed on it, show the cabins and equipment of the ship. Excursion to the steamboat-museum "St. Nicholas" will be interesting to young travelers
- Flora and Fauna Park “Royev Ruchey” is a zoo whose collection is second only to Moscow. It contains 728 species, among which unique animals and birds from Africa, also on the territory there is an aquaterrarium with an area of 4 thousand square meters. m
- The central park on the left bank of the Yenisei, spread over 15 hectares. There are many attractions where it is easy to spend the whole day. And you can rest from the drive among the relict pines in a secluded part of the park.
How long will it take to explore the city
One day is enough to explore the main attractions of Krasnoyarsk. But is it worth the rush? In order not only to get a superficial idea of the city, but also to have a good rest, it is worth lingering for a few days:
- Devote a day to sightseeing.
- It will take another day to visit the museums.
- You can spend the whole day at the Beaver Log fanpark.
- Another day will be needed on a trip to the Krasnoyarsk “Pillars”.
The abundance of parks, squares, fountains and unusual city sculptures will make even a simple walk enjoyable and a lot of pleasure.
Useful tips for tourists
Krasnoyarsk, like any city, has its own characteristics. It is useful to know them in order to avoid unforeseen situations and make the rest easy and enjoyable:
- It is better to move around the center on foot or by public transport. There is a risk of getting stuck in a traffic jam, and finding an empty parking space is almost impossible.
- Most of the streets in the center have one-way traffic, keep this in mind if you risk traveling by car.
- The problem of Krasnoyarsk is air pollution. The city is located in a hollow and all automobile exhausts hang over the city, forming smog. Try to spend rush hours in parks or squares.
- Avoid the outskirts of the city: in some of them, a dysfunctional criminal situation.
- The city has a well-developed catering network. Inexpensive cafes and canteens offer dinners for 200–250 rubles. In almost all, you can try the gifts of local nature: mushrooms, fruit drinks from berries.
Reviews about Krasnoyarsk
I usually travel around the country in early autumn, spring or summer. But then it happened to go in the winter, and even to Krasnoyarsk. Or rather not even go, but fly, but before the New Year. While flying, everyone was thinking how I would be there. I got used to the fact that we have icy winter, slippery ... And then it arrived, frost 40 degrees. The snow is not just creaking, but cracking underfoot. The trees just look awesome ... Of course, we also have such landscapes, but the locals said that they had it all winter.
As for the city itself, I can say that it struck me. First of all, by its contrast. In the center of the city, we can observe a tall modern building in high-tech style and at the same time, through a couple of houses there can be a wooden house that has survived, despite its age. We looked at all the main attractions of Krasnoyarsk, visited the backstage of the theater, fed the ducks and admired the Yenisei River. We learned a lot from the history of the city, which, I believe, we should remember and inform our children. We visited both the zoo and the ski resort, and admired the wonderful, truly bewitching views.
Here is another famous landmark of the city - Krasnoyarsk Big Ben - a stylized clock tower attached to the city administration building, which is very popular even among foreign tourists. The history of its construction is difficult and long. Krasnoyarsk is the second city after Moscow, in which a real clock tower was installed. Its construction was started in the 70s of the last century, but due to financial difficulties it was frozen. The construction of the tower was completed only in 2001. The object is “pumped” in digital terms: synchronization with world time is established here (therefore, Krasnoyarsk Big Ben always shows the exact time), as well as fully electronic control. Very good view of the tower opens from Theater Square
Then another short drive follows and we find ourselves in the most famous place of our city, near the Paraskeva Friday chapel. It is this small chapel depicted on a 10-ruble note. By the way, the chapel is operational: here you can pray or just light a candle. I must say right away that I was very lucky with the time of the tour, since there were very few people. On Friday and Saturday, when many weddings are celebrated, there is simply no way around here: some tuples and brides. Having risen to the chapel, first of all it is worth enjoying the beautiful view that opens from this point. By the way, personally, I prefer to be here late at night or at night, when the city shines with many lights, and does not hide behind the usual smog.
When I found out that I was going on a business trip to Krasnoyarsk, and began to study online what you can see interesting in this city, then among all the other attractions, I suddenly saw about a dozen such cool, unusual monuments that I decided to inspect well at least a few. BREEMEN MUSICIANS It is clear from the name - to whom this sculptural composition is dedicated. Surprisingly different, the cat in it is clearly of Siberian breed, so fluffy! Later, locals told me that 3 times a day - the Bremen Town Musicians “performed” a famous song from the animated film of the same name - “We've arrived at your place for an hour ...” UNCLE Vasya is a drunkard. Yes, yes, do not be surprised. Imagine a typical such “intellectual in a hat” leaning on a lamppost, who decided to let a couple of glasses with his university colleagues fail to calculate their strength — that is what he will be, Uncle Vasya. UNCLE YAHA AND THE TRAINER Although this sculptural composition was conceived as a sort of gift for the anniversary of the local Vodokanal on its own, it became a favorite among the people, and I even think, not because of humor, but simply because it turned out to be very Good!
We take a walk around the Pillars Nature Reserve several times a year. But we always go only in winter in good weather, since in the summer the Pillars are a hotbed of ticks and few now go there in the summer. For the first time on a full route along the Pillars, the husband took the child when he was only 5 years old. They went the full route from Pykhtach to the cable car, which is almost 17 kilometers! But my son overcame this route and since then the trip to the Pillars has been a favorite pastime! We proudly call Pillars our business card and always go camping with our guests. Whether relatives come to us, or partners come to work for my husband — everyone at Pillars! And the child’s classmates are always ready to go with us with their parents! Recently, the reserve has changed a lot, Ecotropa has appeared, there are parking lots for relaxing and eating, and there are so many tourists that you will never get lost among the trees if you move along the beaten path.You can meet a lot of squirrels - feeders are organized for them and birds, and near the "Grandfather" - this is one of the massifs - you can feed the birds by hand. There are a lot of tourists, everyone is constantly moving, oncoming ones are always welcoming and in general there is an atmosphere of goodwill and some kind of peace ... We have been starting our trip for the last several years from Pykhtach - it's 7 kilometers of constant climb uphill, then we follow the route through arrays (poles) to cable cars. And on the cable car we go down to the road for free. Fresh air, snow is very similar to ice cream sundae and you just want to eat it, and the pillars are majestic and grandiose!
Krasnoyarsk is full of contrasts. Beautiful nature is adjacent to modern buildings, high-rise skyscrapers rise next to wooden buildings, a gloomy building of the era of socialist realism houses an exhibition of contemporary art, and the industrial area coexists peacefully next to the historical one. It is all the more interesting to study the city, to learn it from the inside. Krasnoyarsk is not a glossy postcard, it is lively and warm.
A bit of history
The city began its existence in 1628 as a military prison, founded by the Cossack detachment, which was headed by Andrei Dubensky. The settlement was called Krasny Yar (Beautiful Beach).
Krasnoyarsk acquired the status of the city in 1690. By that time, the Siberian lands were finally annexed to Russia. After a century and a half, Krasnoyarsk became the center of the Yenisei province. Thus, being a military fortress at the beginning of the XVII century, after the advent of only a few decades, a small settlement turned into a rather large Siberian city in terms of territory and population.
An important role in the development of Krasnoyarsk was played by the construction of the Great Siberian Railway at the end of the 19th century. Thanks to this project, the city established a transport connection with the central part of the country. And after the construction of the famous bridge over the Yenisei, as well as the construction of the railway station, Krasnoyarsk became the largest transport hub in Siberia.
The opening of the bridge over the Yenisei. 1899
It is interesting that in the 19th century the Decembrists served a link here. By this time, cultural institutions appeared in the city, the sphere of education began to develop, their own newspaper appeared, as a result of which Krasnoyarsk deservedly received the title of cultural center of Siberia.
About four centuries have passed since the founding of the city, and during this time its population and territory have grown significantly. At the moment, Krasnoyarsk is a millionaire city with a developed industry. The metropolis is famous for its great successes in the scientific, industrial, educational, cultural and sports fields.
The State Nature Reserve is located on the right bank of the Yenisei in the vicinity of the Eastern Sayan Mountains. This place got its name because of the similarity of the local rocks with pillars. Their height varies from 60 to 600 meters. According to scientists, the rocks formed under the influence of magma, which sought to reach the surface of the earth several hundred million years ago. Unusual shape of the posts gave rain and wind.
Krasnoyarsk Pillars - a unique phenomenon
In the vicinity of the reserve, a continental climate reigns with its characteristic contrasts - cold winters and hot summers.
Summer is an ideal time to visit the Krasnoyarsk pillars: well-warmed air leads to long walks, during which a magnificent view of the green taiga will continuously delight the eye and amaze with the beauty of its vast expanses.
One way or another, there is always something to look at, regardless of the time of year. Whether it be winter with its snow-covered landscapes and trees, carefully sheltered with silver caps. Either be it a wonderful awakening of nature in early spring, or an endless riot of colors in the autumn forest and winding mountain paths strewn with golden-orange leaves.
A trip to the reserve will give a vivid, unforgettable experience in any weather, and for this it is not necessary to endanger your life.
Local residents decided to take care of the conservation of the surrounding nature, thanks to which this reserve appeared in 1925. People sought to protect the rocks from destruction, which they seriously suffered because of their use as building material. Within the protected area there are many rare plants and animals, a considerable part of which is included in the Red Book.
Krasnoyarsk Pillars are divided into two zones: one is designed for tourists to visit and conduct excursions, the other - Wild Pillars - is suitable for experienced travelers, as the places here are still poorly explored. In any case, for the first visit to the tourist-excursion zone will be quite enough. To see all the beauty of the local nature, you have to climb higher. On the way there will be many obstacles that will have to be constantly overcome: uneven terrain, steep slopes, dense thickets.
On the territory of the reserve there are about a hundred narrow and high cliffs resembling pillars in shape. They were formed from gray granite with a pink tint. Each of them is given its own name, depending on the similarity of the stone with a particular object, animal or human. Especially popular is a pillar named Grandfather. If you look closely, you can see that the rock really resembles an old man with a long beard. Next to him is his whole family: here is the Granddaughter, and Grandmother, and Great-grandfather, and Gemini.
Krasnoyarsk pillars are of interest not only for tourists and climbers, but also have important scientific value. In particular, a large number of caves located here attracts the attention of cavers. Since these places are often given magical properties, esoteric people will also be interested in visiting the reserve. One way or another, a significant part of the frightening stories and legends associated with the wild zone of the Krasnoyarsk Pillars is fiction. These myths contribute to the preservation of rare flora and fauna, since people do not feel much desire to visit such dangerous and mysterious places.
The demand for nature reserve routes depends on their complexity, and the most popular of them also have their own names. Part of the territory open to tourists consists of three areas. One of them, Beaver Log, is a fan park.
Fanpark "Beaver Log". Beach complex "Mirage"
Here you can ride on the chairlift, which runs above the ski slope and ends on one of the rocky peaks. It offers a wonderful view of the panorama of the surrounding area.
Krasnoyarsk Regional Museum of Local Lore
During a walk around the city center, it is impossible not to notice the building of the Krasnoyarsk Museum of Local Lore executed in the style of an Egyptian temple. Such an unusual architecture with no less amazing design became the embodiment of the dream of the famous urban architect L.A. Chernysheva to visit Egypt. Her cherished desire was never fulfilled, however, thanks to the author’s dream, the unique building now serves as a bright decoration of the city landscape.
Krasnoyarsk Regional Museum of Local Lore is one of the oldest museums in Siberia and Russia.
However, before becoming a successful cultural institution, the museum had to go through many obstacles. Firstly, during the construction of the building there was a severe fire, after which it took about 10 years to recover the loss. For this reason, museum exhibits were brought here only in 1930. Secondly, during the years of World War II, the building lost its cultural value due to the conservation of exhibits and turned into an abandoned, dilapidated structure resembling an “old bathhouse”.
Today, the Krasnoyarsk Regional Museum of Local Lore is an architectural monument of the XX century at the regional level. Large-scale reconstruction of the building was carried out from 1987 to 2001, that is, for the whole 14 years.
The attraction is the largest museum complex in the country, which presents a multidisciplinary local history exhibition, and also includes four additional branches:
- museum-steamer "St. Nicholas",
- literary museum
- Museum-destiny G.V. Yudina,
- Memorial complex V.P. Astafieva.
The museum is diversified. For example, fascinating excursions of various formats are often held here. For example, children will really like the Stone Age Lesson, where you can build houses, draw with charcoal, make skins, hunt, etc. In addition, museum staff regularly conduct educational work, which includes a cultural and historical program dedicated to the lands and peoples of Siberia, entertaining lessons on environmental topics, staged holidays in the folklore genre, as well as local history in foreign languages, in particular French.
Exhibits in the local history museum of Krasnoyarsk
Exhibitions boast truly rare, unique items. Such, for example, are autographs of Napoleon and Grigory Rasputin.
Quite often there are guided tours on the topic of the Krasnoyarsk Territory, many of which are made in a theatrical or interactive format. Some of them are devoted to the history of the Krasnoyarsk prison, another tells about the development of Siberian lands by the Russians, as well as about what peoples lived on this territory hundreds and thousands of years ago. On excursions you can learn about the fall of the Tunguska meteorite, study the collection of the researcher of the Tunguska phenomenon.
Flora and Fauna Park “Royev Ruchey”
The wealth of local flora and fauna is striking in its scale. In terms of the number of animals, Royev Ruche is second only to the Moscow zoo. In addition to the usual aviaries, there is an incredibly large aquaterrarium located on a separate section of the menagerie. Krasnoyarsk Zoo boasts polar bears and its own penguinarium - the only one outside the Urals. A similar collection of animals from Africa, including white lions, giraffes, chimpanzees, meerkats, is no longer anywhere in Siberia.
In 2011, Spectacular Penguins were brought to the Roy Creek. In South Africa, where they came from, these animals are under state protection, as they are the only penguins that live in that area. For new residents, a special aviary with two pools equipped with the best water filtration system was created in the Krasnoyarsk Zoo.
Krasnoyarsk Park of Flora and Fauna "Royev Ruchey"
It takes visitors an hour to get to know the aquaterrarium. The two-story building is divided into zones depending on what animals live there:
- land turtles,
- waterfowl turtles,
- piranha aquarium
- numerous aquariums with a million small fish of all kinds of colors, etc.
The central part of the aquaterrarium is occupied by a pool of black-feathered reef sharks, which houses at least 30 tons of sea water. On Sundays at 13:00, a fascinating sight is presented to the guests - feeding of sharks.
Water area of the Roev Ruchey Flora and Fauna Park in Krasnoyarsk
Thanks to the efforts of zoologists, “Royev Ruchey” began to independently replenish its collection through the natural reproduction of the inhabitants of the zoo. It’s a pleasure to watch mother lynx caring carefully for her children.
Spectacled penguins in the park of flora and fauna "Roy Creek"
The menagerie has a mini-zoo that works only during the summer season. Representatives of the fauna habitual for Russian people live here: geese, rabbits, lambs, turkeys, guinea pigs, etc. animals can be touched, stroked and picked up.
The park has cafes, kiosks, pet shops, numerous attractions, among which a special place is occupied by an incredible size Ferris wheel.
Holy Intercession Cathedral in Krasnoyarsk
A white stone church adorns the central part of the city. The building is made in the Russian Baroque style and is one of the few objects of this architectural direction that have survived to this day. At different times, patriarchs Alexy II and Cyril came here. Before gaining a modern look, the church was rebuilt three times in different parts of the city, and every time a building served as a building material. The first building appeared in the middle of the XVII century.
Today, two streets intersect at this place - Mira Avenue and January 9th. After a big fire that swept the whole city, the church burned to the ground. Since the construction of a stone temple would take a lot of time, the residents did not want to wait and asked to lay a wooden cathedral. On the site of the second Church of the Intercession is now located Annunciation.
Holy Intercession Cathedral in Krasnoyarsk
The stone church was built at the expense of parishioners for 10 years. The event was organized by the nobleman M. Yushkov, and the Yenisei craftsmen were directly involved in the construction of the building. In 1795 the temple was consecrated. Despite the large-scale restructuring in the 40s of the XIX century, the appearance of the church practically did not change. In Soviet times, the building was used for other purposes, for example, at one time the exhibition hall was located here.
The last major restoration of the Church of the Intercession was carried out in 2006. As a result, the walls of the cathedral became white again, and the domes and the roof of the sky were blue.
Theater Square Krasnoyarsk
Theater Square is one of the most beautiful places in the city. Particularly noteworthy is the fountain, which is an exciting sight, consisting of music, light and sparkling water jets in it. When twilight thickens, 600 multi-colored light bulbs are lit, and then the magic light and music performance begins.
Theater Square Krasnoyarsk
Another fountain is also located on Theater Square - cascading, which is quite rare for our country. It is called "Rivers of Siberia." The composition of the fountain reflects the images of small rivers of the Krasnoyarsk Territory in the face of beautiful nymphs who dance around the Yenisei Batyushka.
In addition to the fountains, Theater Square hosts one of the most striking sights of the city - the Krasnoyarsk Opera and Ballet Theater.
Eiffel Tower in Krasnoyarsk
An exact copy of the real Eiffel Tower, reduced by 21 times, was built in 2007. The height of the Krasnoyarsk attraction is about 15 meters. It is located in a neat little square in the middle of benches, blue spruces and walking paths.
Eiffel Tower in Krasnoyarsk
The construction of the tower was carried out by a private customer, who this event cost 1.3 million rubles. He also owns a French restaurant adjacent to the tower, which, thanks to a bold idea embodied in reality, has become many times more popular. In the dark, the younger sister of the Eiffel Tower is illuminated with bright lights.
Krasnoyarsk is such a distant and cold, but in its own way beautiful Siberian metropolis, unfolding in the middle of the vast expanses of dense taiga. When looking at the city from a bird's eye view, at these gigantic bridges and pipes creating a grandiose urbanistic landscape, there is an unusual feeling of indestructible force that once moved travelers, explorers and pioneers forward - to the development of severe Siberian open spaces, in spite of any obstacles.
Once in Krasnoyarsk, you need to feel this city after spending at least a few days here: take a walk in the center, see the sights, visit the "Krasnoyarsk pillars", visit museums, and also go to the hydroelectric station, where you can capture landscapes that are amazing in their beauty and scale.