Travel

Sights of Noginsk

Pin
Send
Share
Send


Epiphany Cathedral - The Orthodox Cathedral in the historic center of Noginsk, on the right bank of the Klyazma River. The main church in the Bogorodsk deanery of the Moscow diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church.

The main throne was consecrated in honor of the Epiphany of the Lord (January 19).

The temple is located in the center of Noginsk, Moscow Region (Rabochaya St., 16-a).

Architecture

The cathedral is a cross-domed church in the style of late classicism (empire) with a four-tier bell tower at the base. The center of the temple is crowned with a cylindrical drum-lamp, covered with a domed head. The front part of the transept is decorated with a pediment, windows, doors and pilasters. The eastern part of the temple ends with a large altar apse. Two aisles are attached to the central part (nave), which allow to celebrate several liturgies on holidays. The main entrance to the temple is blocked by tall wooden carved doors with arched window closure.

The bell tower is decorated with columns, under its dome there are working mechanical watches with dials on four sides. The belfry consists of ten bells: two evangelists (the main western and northern), five sub-bells and three bells.

In the dark, the architecture of the temple is emphasized by artistic lighting.

Shrines and interior

The main altar is separated from the temple by a carved four-tier iconostasis, a magnificent seven-story chandelier with images is suspended under the dome. The salt of the central iconostasis is separated by an openwork gilded fence. The side altars are covered with three-tier carved iconostases on the salts, carpets lie, and beautiful gilded chandeliers are suspended above the halls. Between the northern aisle and the passage to the main altar there is a cancer with relics Konstantin Bogorodsky. The walls of the aisle are decorated with a single harmonious row of icons, glazed with carved frames and a carved base. The vaults of the temple have not yet been painted, and from the pre-revolutionary painting preserved revered parishioners Tikhvin image of the Mother of God.

Particularly revered icons of the church: the Kazan icon of the Mother of God, the icon of St. Nicholas, Novgorod saints with particles of relics and the holy righteous warrior Theodore (Ushakov) with a particle of relics, the image of the Mother of God “Inexhaustible Chalice”. The altar contains the Vladimir Icon of the Mother of God belonging to Father Konstantin.

In the northern part of the temple behind the altar, there is a baptistery with a large marble pool. In the southern part there is a small utility room.

The temple has four fenced wooden choirs, two central ones with inclined chairs. To the western walls and choirs there are benches for the weak. Candle boxes are installed along the walls of the narthex, advertisements are hung up, here are the entrances to the utility rooms and the exit to the staircase of the bell tower. The flooring in the temple is decorated with resistant marble, and granite slabs along the central lines from the Royal Doors. Window sills are made of granite slabs. In daylight, the temple is well lit by natural light, in the dark, electric lighting is used. Central heating, the temple is equipped with forced ventilation. For major holidays, with a large gathering of people, a sound system is used that transmits prayer and choral singing to distant corners of the temple and to the street.

The temple can accommodate up to 2.5 thousand visitors, and for great holidays there are up to 1700 people in the temple. At the moment, the cathedral is being painted.

Temple Territory

The cathedral complex includes the Temple itself, a chapel-temple with a church shop and an ornate large Tikhvin image inside, a two-story building-guardhouse, a two-story building of the refectory, a two-story building with an attic, a gymnasium building, a two-story building of a Sunday school, and a stone-metal fence. There is a shared toilet and a washstand on the territory of the cathedral.

The modern life of the cathedral

Rector of the temple: Archpriest Mikhail Yuryevich Yalov
Address: 142400 Noginsk, st. Working, d.16-a
Phone: (8496) 511-23-32 Fax: (8496) 514-33-71
Email post office: bogoyavlenskijsobor, on 'yandex.ru
The secretariat is open from 8:00 to 17:00
The temple is open from 7:00 to 18:30 daily (on Sundays and holidays from 5:00, before them until 19:00).

The service is daily. 8:10 - Liturgy (on Sunday and the main great holidays at 6:10 and 9:10) (beginning of the Eucharist in half an hour), after the Liturgy - a prayer service, requiem, the order of burial. At 16:00 - evening service (Vespers, Matins, or Vespers). On Christmas Day, Epiphany and Easter, Liturgies are performed at night.

During Lent, on regular Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, the Liturgy is not performed.

The Sacrament of Confession is performed at the all-night service on Saturdays and holidays (from 16:00), as well as immediately before the Liturgy.

The sacraments of baptism and weddings are performed by appointment and with obligatory conversation with the priest. Conversations are held on Friday at 18:00 in the assembly hall. In addition to the blessing of the sick, during fasting a general blessing of the Holy Virgin takes place (unification).

Weekly, on Sundays, at the end of the evening service, an akathist to St. Konstantin Bogorodsky is served at the relics.

Weekly on Tuesdays, except Great Lent, an akathist is read in the evening service in front of the revered icon of the Mother of God the Inexhaustible Chalice.

Patronal festivals: Epiphany - January 19, Intercession - October 14, Nikola - December 19.

Special days: Memorial Day of Konstantin Bogorodsky - October 2 and the Cathedral of the New Martyrs of Bogorodsky - November 20.

The following are attributed to the temple:

  • Temple Konstantin Bogorodsky (microdistrict Oktyabrsky)
  • Temple BLJ. Matrons (microdistrict Zakharovo) (construction 2011)
  • Church of St. Nikolai (Bogorodskoe cemetery, village of Timokhovo)
  • Church of the Icon of Our Lady of Vladimir (Rescue Center of the Ministry of Emergencies)
  • House temple mts. Tatians (city isolation ward)
  • House temple blgv. Prince Alexander Nevsky (nursing home)
  • Chapel of the Tikhvin Icon of the Mother of God (on the territory of the cathedral)
  • chapel in memory of the fallen in World War II (Victory Square)
  • st chapel Nikolay (microdistrict Glukhovo)
  • st chapel Nikolay

Social activity

There is a free Sunday school for children from 5 to 14 years old at the temple. Classes are held in a special building on Sundays from 12-20: the Law of God, spiritual and aesthetic education, choral singing, folk art, needlework, the basics of tourism. Record on Sundays from 11:00 to 15:00 in the Sunday school building.

For all comers, on Fridays from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. an adult Sunday school works in the assembly hall, classes are built in the form of thematic conversations. The teachers are Archpriest Igor Gagarin and Priest Andrei Fedorov.

Every day from 11:00 to 12:00 for the poor, doors are open in the charity canteen at the temple.

The church has an Orthodox gymnasium and an Orthodox kindergarten. The youth center organizes youth tourist and sports camps. There is also a pilgrimage service.

The Charity Charity Society has been organized, shelters, hospitals, homes for the disabled and elderly are being visited, and prisoners are supported and nourished.

An icon-painting workshop is working, orders for making icons are accepted, children are taught Monday to Friday from 14:40 to 16:00 drawing (Monday - art history), for adults classes from 18:00 to 20:00 on Mondays ( drawing) and Tuesdays (painting).

The monthly newspaper Resurrection and Life is published and distributed with a circulation of 14 thousand copies. The newspaper highlights the life of deanery, the work of parishioners, exhortations and sermons. The Bogorodsk Studio audio and video works, the community participates in the recordings of the daily educational program broadcasting on the city radio channel 104.9 MHz from 11:00 to 12:00.

On Mondays, Wednesdays, Sundays (from 12:00 to 14:00) and Saturday (from 11:00 to 13:00) there is a library and a video library with a video room, a passport entry.

Temple history

According to the letter of Vasily Ivanovich in 1506, the lands of the modern church were granted to churches. According to historical documents, it is known that in 1628 a wooden church of St. Nicholas stood on this site.

In 1755-1767, at the expense of the parishioners, a new stone church was built in the name of the Epiphany with the chapel of St. Nicholas.

In 1822-1824, a large refectory was added to the church with aisles: on the right was the Intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos, on the left was the hierarch and wonderworker Nicholas, a two-tier bell tower and a stone chapel with a room for watchmen were built.

From the 1830s to the end of the century, the main philanthropist of the temple was the local industrialist Anisim Elagin and his children, mainly with their support, the temple was expanded, painted, and a fence was built. Other significant benefactors were the family of the manufacturer Shibaev.

In 1834, a two-story building was built, on the lower floor of the bell tower was placed the Bogorodsk Spiritual Board. The buildings were erected by the care of the rector Archpriest Nestor of Arkhangelsk and the head of Pankratia Starkov.

In 1853, at the request of the parishioners, the Metropolitan of Moscow and Kolomna Innokenty at the site of the temple allowed the construction of a new, more spacious cathedral. The new cathedral was lit September 5, 1876 under the rector of Demetrius of Hierapolis.

In 1885-1886, the bell tower was built on the third ring tier. And in 1890, a bell weighing 1250 pounds (20 tons) was raised to the bell tower - the largest in the county cities of Russia.

In 1891, guests of the city, Prince Sergei Alexandrovich, and his wife, the new martyr Elizaveta Fedorovna, participated in a prayer for the longevity of the royal house.

In 1895, an active church figure Konstantin Alekseevich Golubev was appointed rector of the cathedral.

In 1902, the cathedral was expanded according to the project of Nikolai Strukov. At the beginning of the century, the cathedral besides the church belonged to: two stone chapels, two two-story stone houses donated by parishioners, a one-story wooden church house, a wooden gatehouse (1896) and a brick shed.

According to the clearing sheets in 1902, the parishioners of the temple, there were about 2.5 thousand people.

For many years, the tradition was preserved - once a year, before the holidays, the miraculous icons of "The Flick of Christ by Judas" from the Berlukovskaya Desert and the Virgin of Jerusalem from Bronnitsy were brought.

Special days for the cathedral and the city were May 12 and 13, 1918, when Patriarch Tikhon and the future Patriarch Sergius served at the all-night service, 6 more archpastors served in the city district, and at the end of the liturgy on the 13th, a procession was held in which more than 100 thousand pilgrims participated . However, by that time the power was withdrawing to the God-worshipers, and already in the fall of 1918, the rector of the church, Father Konstantin, was arrested and accepted a martyr's death.

Since 1918, Nikolay Aleksandrovich Speransky became the rector of the cathedral, in 1933 he was arrested for the first time, on August 21, 1937 again, and on October 13 he was shot at the Butovo training ground.

In 1921-1925 it was the Cathedral of the Bishops of Bogorodsky (Believers), vicars of the Moscow diocese - Nikanor (Kudryavtsev) and Plato (Rudnev).

In 1923-1925, the future Patriarch Pimen sang in the choir in the bishop's choir. In 1924-1925, repairs were carried out in the amount of more than 8 thousand rubles (a significant amount for that time).

In the second half of the 1920s, all 13 bells were dropped from the bell tower, including the twenty-ton, which broke when it fell into small parts.

In autumn 1937, the entire church council of the cathedral and the new abbot, Sergei Zernov, were arrested, a little later the holy martyr Sergei Konstantinovich Makhaev, who replaced him, was arrested and shot, among the arrested was the martyr Nikolai Andreev who served in the church since 1917, in December he was shot. The days of remembrance of Sergiy Makhayev are November 19, Nikolai is November 27, they are commemorated at the Cathedral of the New Martyrs of Russia, at the Cathedral of Butovo New Martyrs and at the local Cathedral of the New Martyrs of Bogorodsky - November 20.

In 1938, the divine services ceased, the temple began to serve material purposes - boot-making and dyeing was organized, and a gas distribution station was opened.

In 1953, the Noginsky Executive Committee attempted to break the domes and dismantle the bell tower, but the temple was saved.

In 1989, the cathedral was consecrated again, services were resumed and the gradual restoration of the temple began.

In 1991, on the way from Moscow to Diveevo, a procession of the cross with a large gathering of people, the relics of St. Seraphim of Sarov, were carried around the city and near the church.

From 1989 to 1997, the rector of the church was Archimandrite Adrian (Starina), who transferred in 1993 to the bosom of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kiev Patriarchate, whose religious community still exists in Noginsk under his leadership. In November 1997, the temple was forcibly taken from the UOC-KP and transferred to the Russian Orthodox Church.

October 2, 2004 relics were transferred to the temple Konstantin Bogorodsky.

Interesting places Noginsk

The site contains the sights of Noginsk - photos, descriptions and travel tips. The list is based on popular guides and is presented by type, name and rating. Here you will find answers to questions: what to see in Noginsk, where to go and where are the popular and interesting places of Noginsk.

Fountain Square

The most beautiful building in Noginsk is the Fountain Square - the central square where people like to walk and take pictures. Fountains are beautiful during the day, and even more beautiful at night, because closer to night the illumination of all the colors of the rainbow that adorns the central square is turned on. There are fountains not only in the central square, but also at the entrance to Noginsk, in the station square, at the central market and in the city park, but these are the most beautiful.

Fountain Square is a favorite place for honeymooners who often hold wedding processions here, capturing this beautiful place on film. The fountain square is undoubtedly beautiful in the summer, when wonderful lawns and flowerbeds are broken around the operating fountains.

And what sights of Noginsk did you like? Next to the photo area there are icons, by clicking on which you can evaluate this or that place.

Monument to Pimen in Noginsk

Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Pimen headed Russian Orthodoxy from 1971 to 1990. The land of Bogorodsk gave Russia to the Patriarch, who became the fourteenth head of the Russian Orthodox Church. He, the only one of all Russian patriarchs, happened to become a warrior: he fought for his homeland during the Great Patriotic War.

In the year of the 100th anniversary of the birth of Patriarch Pimen, the monument was completed by the sculptor, member of the Union of Artists of Russia Innokenty Valerievich Komochkin. For its manufacture, solid granite slabs and bronze were used. The South-facing Patriarch will bless the residents and guests of the Bogorodsk Territory.

In photo mode, you can view the sights in Noginsk only by photos.

Manor Volkhonka

Volkhonka is a property belonging to the noble family of Volkonsky, who over the years have been able to create a magnificent garden with a variety of exotic trees. This picturesque place on the high bank of the Klyazma River in the XVII century, the Moscow boyar Alexei Volkonsky chose for his future summer estate. The estate included a two-story house, to which linden alleys led, and an artificial pond was created in the park. The Volkonsky family owned the estate for over 150 years.

For many years, the Volkonsky estate was a kind of cultural center, because many Russian cultural figures have been here more than once. Among the guests of the estate there were famous actors Mochalov, Lensky and Schepkin, the famous archaeologist Zabelin, as well as the outstanding historian Granovsky, the author of a textbook on general history. Thanks to the magnificent local landscapes and climate features, it became possible to carry out various activities to equip the garden and park.Its creators managed to grow many exotic plants and foreign trees, which became the basis of the future arboretum. To this day, the lime park that once surrounded the house has been preserved.

After the revolution, the estate became state property and was transferred to the Bogorodsk University "Labor and Science". Through the efforts of the scientists of this university, the Volkonsky estate and the territory adjacent to it were turned into a reserve, a survey was carried out, work was done on acclimatization and plant breeding, educational events and excursions were organized. Until the 40s, Volkhonka flourished as an arboretum, but in the post-war years it began to fall into disrepair, and today only linden alleys remind of its former splendor.

The bridge of lovers in Noginsk

The Lovers Bridge is the unofficial name for the pedestrian bridge over the Klyazma River, located in the city of Noginsk. The bridge is a small, but very noticeable city attraction - there is a tradition according to which couples in love decorate the railing of the bridge with various locks, symbolizing eternal love.

Similar bridges exist in many countries of the world, and now it is difficult to say exactly when such a tradition originated. But be that as it may, the Noginsk Lovers Bridge is one of the most romantic places in the whole city. Lovers love to date here, and visiting this bridge is a must-have ritual for any city wedding. The newlyweds snap a padlock on the railing of the bridge, and the key is thrown into the river. Over the years, a huge number of these symbols of eternal love have accumulated on the Bridge of Lovers.

The bridge of lovers enjoys the great love of all the inhabitants of Noginsk. This is a very beautiful place where you can always see a couple in love or a wedding procession. The atmosphere of eternal celebration and harmony reigns here - one cannot but feel this.

Temple of the Tikhvin Icon of the Mother of God

The temple of the Tikhvin Icon of the Mother of God is located near the Epiphany Cathedral in Noginsk. It was built on donations from parishioners at the end of the 19th century. The construction of the temple was dedicated to the celebration of the Tikhvin Icon of the Mother of God. During its existence, the appearance of the temple has changed. The church was expanded due to two additional aisles and a spacious refectory, a three-tier bell tower was built.

During Soviet rule, the rector of the church, priest Mitrofan Petrovich Laskin, was arrested and services ceased until 1995. The temple was ruined and almost completely destroyed. Nikolsky chapel was rebuilt and consecrated anew. Today it contains the relics of Konstantin Bogorodsky. The chapel of St. Nicholas and the chapel of St. Sergius of Radonezh are assigned to the temple of the Tikhvin Icon of the Mother of God.

Church of St. Sergius of Radonezh

Church of St. Sergius of Radonezh in the village of Novosergievo, Moscow Region is an active Orthodox church. The church was built in the period from 1839 to 1841 in the style of Russian classicism with donations from local residents. Thirty years later, the building was renovated and two limits were additionally opened in it.

In the late thirties of the last century, the temple was closed, undergoing ruin and theft of valuables. Only in 1991 the building was returned to Orthodox believers, but it was in a very poor condition. The restoration of the temple took more than a decade, but already at that time divine services were held. Sunday school was opened.

Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

In 1710, the monk of the Trinity-Sergius Lavra Pitirim built a wooden chapel at the Theological Cemetery seven miles from Bogorodsk, and in 1719 a church in the name of the Apostle John the Theologian. At this church a monastic monastery was formed. In 1723, the monk Nektariy moved to the Theological Deserts, who became rector of the desert. In 1729, under Hieromonk Peter, a stone church was erected in honor of the Assumption of the Mother of God with a warm chapel in the name of the Apostle John the Theologian. In 1740, the Theological Deserts was assigned to the Resurrection New Jerusalem Monastery. In 1746 the church was turned into a parish and the village of Bogoslovskoe was formed around. In 1826 the temple was rebuilt, and the refectory and the bell tower were completed in the middle of the nineteenth century. In 1911, the church was re-consecrated in honor of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God. The temple was painted by Palekh artist I.I. Parilov at the expense of Hieromonk Chernigov Skete Paisiy, a native of the village of Bogoslovo. The temple had ancient rare icons, two valuable gospels, printed in Moscow in 1703? 1730, and many other shrines.

After the revolution, the temple operated in it was served by priest Alexy (holy martyr Alexy Alexandrovich Speransky). To avoid being accused of parasitism, he combined pastoral service with work in the forge. At the end of November 1937 he was arrested and shot and buried on December 10 at the Butovo training ground. Soon after the arrest of the priest, the temple was closed and ruined.

Church services resumed in 1990.

The most popular attractions in Noginsk with descriptions and photos for every taste. Choose the best places to visit famous places of Noginsk on our website.

Photo

Epiphany Cathedral - Orthodox Cathedral in the historic center of Noginsk, on the right bank of the Klyazma River. The main church in the Bogorodsk deanery of the Moscow diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church.

The main throne was consecrated in honor of the Epiphany of the Lord (January 19).

The temple is located in the center of Noginsk, Moscow Region (Rabochaya St., 16-a).

Wiki: en: Epiphany Cathedral (Noginsk)

This is a description of the attractions of the Epiphany Cathedral in Noginsk, Moscow Region (Russia). As well as photos, reviews and a map of the surroundings. Find out the history, coordinates, where it is and how to get there. Check out other places on our interactive map, get more detailed information. Get to know the world better.

A large single-domed church in the style of late classicism, built on the site of an old stone church 1755-1767. The refectory with Pokrovsky and Nikolsky chapels was built in 1823, the bell tower erected at the same time was built on the fourth tier in 1885-1886. Closed in 1938, engaged in production, but avoided severe distortion. It was opened in 1989, but during 1993-1997 it was held by the community of the UOC-KP, in 1997 the ROC was returned back.

Pin
Send
Share
Send