|Traffic light monument|
|55 ° 01′12 ″ s w. 82 ° 55′37 ″ in. d.HGYOL|
Traffic Light Monument (Novosibirsk) - Russia's first traffic light monument, located in the Central region of Novosibirsk. The monument is a sculptural composition in the form of a guard who welcomes the traffic light.
The monument is located at the intersection of Sibrevkom and Serebrennikovskaya streets near school number 12, the oldest in the city. In this place in 1936 one of the first traffic lights was installed in Novosibirsk. It was a three-section electric traffic light with manual switching. The placement of the first traffic lights near educational institutions was ordered by the city authorities in order to increase the safety of students.
The opening ceremony of the monument took place on June 25, 2006, on the Day of the city of Novosibirsk. The monument is dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the traffic police. The authors of the idea are Colonel Sergei Shtelmakh, Head of the Traffic Police Department of the Region, and Viktor Bulankin, Director of Autoradio-Novosibirsk.
According to Viktor Bulankin, the monument "symbolizes the transfer of the baton from a person to the modern system."
The urgency of the problems associated with the observance of traffic rules makes the municipal authorities of various cities of the Russian Federation use the installation of such monuments as successful. Following the Novosibirsk traffic light monument was also installed in Perm.
There are also traffic light monuments in London, Berlin and other cities of the world.
Novosibirsk: useful information
- City Information
- Map of Novosibirsk
- Where to go
- Attractions (41)
- Railway stations (1)
- Parks (6)
- Museums (11)
- Amusement Parks (5)
- Airports (1)
- Theaters (9)
- Temples, churches, mosques (6)
- Waterfalls (1)
- Zoos (1)
- Bus stations (1)
- Beaches (4)
- Bridges (1)
- Festivals, holidays, shows (2)
- Cinemas (1)
- Lakes (2)
- Ski Resorts (2)
- SPA, sources (1)
- Restaurants and Cafes (1)
- Baths, saunas (1)
- Squares (1)
- Book a hotel in Novosibirsk
- Search and book cheap flights
- Tourists reviews
- Photos of Novosibirsk
- Tips about Novosibirsk
- Question answer
- Excursions in Novosibirsk
|Bus||Ost. “Sverdlov Square”, Nos. 8, 1113, 21, 28 (1038), 32 (1232), 41 (1141), 54, 122|
|Tram||Ost. "Factory of the Central Committee of Shveinikov", No. 13|
|Trolley bus||Ost. “Sverdlov Square”, Nos. 13, 29|
|Route taxi||Ost. "Sverdlov Square", No. 1|
The traffic light monument in Novosibirsk is located in the central region, 1.2 km from Lenin Square, near the famous Stock-building, at the Serebrennikovskaya-Sibrevkoma intersection. This is the first such project in Russia. The ceremony was timed to coincide with the City Day and the 70th anniversary of the traffic police and was held in 2006.
The installation site was chosen because here, at school No. 12 (now Lyceum No. 12), a traffic light was installed in the 1940s, designed to regulate traffic near an educational institution. It was switched manually, it worked from electricity. Manual switching was not an obstacle, as the traffic flow at that time was still small.
The facility is popular with tourists, and especially with parents with children.
Later, the restored traffic light appeared in Perm (2010) and the whole Traffic Light tree in Penza (2011).
You can get to the monument by tram (the necessary stop is called “Factory of the Central Committee of Shveinikov”), bus, trolleybus and minibus (“Sverdlov Square”).
Photo and description
The traffic light monument is located in the Central district of the city of Novosibirsk, at the crossroads of two city streets - Sibrevkoma and Serebrennikovskaya. The people’s monument has two more names - “City” and “Monument to the first traffic cop”.
The initiators of the erection of the monument were the director of Autoradio-Novosibirsk V. Bulankin and the head of the traffic police department in the region, Colonel S. Shtelmakh. The monument is dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the founding of the traffic police and symbolizes the transfer of the relay from a person to the modern system.
One of the very first traffic lights in the city appeared in the 1940s. It was a three-section electric traffic light, which was located near the oldest school in Novosibirsk No. 12. The placement of the first traffic lights near educational institutions was decided by the city authorities in order to protect schoolchildren from traffic accidents.
The grand opening of the first traffic light monument in Russia took place in June 2006 and was timed to the day of the city of Novosibirsk. City Mayor V. Gorodetsky, together with the heads of the regional Central Internal Affairs Directorate and the regional traffic police department, solemnly opened the sculptural composition to the music of the brass band. The bronze monument is made in full size. He depicts an unnamed guard who looks with cautious and undisguised interest at the adjusting technique.
Near the monument, the first traffic light is always crowded. Here, children and guests of the city like to be photographed. The traffic light monument in Novosibirsk gives a lot of positive emotions and is one of the fun attractions of the city.