The historical museum in Panagyurishte is located in the very center of the city. It was founded in 1943 on the basis of the Videlina Folk Art Development Center (Bulgarian dawn). Later, in 1964, a two-story house in the style of Bulgarian buildings of the 18th-19th centuries was built specifically for the museum.
By 1986, the museum complex had taken shape, in addition to the central building, including Dzhunov and Dudekov houses with an original exposition devoted to the ethnography of the area, Hadzhidimitrov’s house with a collection of rare ornaments, manuscripts, art paintings, as well as copper and pottery products, the house of the revolutionary Ivan Dukhovnikov, in which in 1870 the Revolutionary Committee was located, Tutev’s house, where on April 20 it was decided to start the April uprising, Lekov’s house is an interesting architectural monument.
The museum exposition includes several thematic sections: archaeological, ethnographic, recent history and the natural environment, as well as a section dedicated to the lands of Bulgaria in the XV-XIX centuries.
The archeology section contains objects found during excavations in the territory of Panagyurishte. Particular attention is paid to gold found in 1949 by the Deikov brothers. The treasure consists of 9 vessels of gold with a total weight of about 6 kg, scientists date them to IV-III BC The treasure is kept in the Museum of Sofia, and also constantly travels the world, being exhibited in various exhibits.
A special place is given to the topic of the uprising of the Bulgarians against the Turks in 1876. It presents the original weapons of the participants in the uprising, as well as objects that have the status of nationally significant - the entire exhibition occupies three museum halls.
The Panagyurishte Museum presents crafts specific to the area. For the presentation, mock-ups of shopping malls were erected, on which objects related to gold processing, production of coarse wool, copper, leather, and carpet weaving are exhibited.
The museum has a large book fund, which includes scientific literature, early printed books, as well as periodicals.
Pazardzhik is located 36 km west of Plovdiv, 114 km southeast of Sofia.
Bus station Pazardzhik
Blvd. G. Benkowski. 6. 2 63 15.
Station in the southern part of the city. The city is located on the railway line Sofia - Plovdiv.
The telephone code of the city is 034
Description of Pazardzhik
Shiroka-Lyka is a traditional Bulgarian village located in the valley of the Shyrokolyshki river. The historical complex of buildings of the XIX century has been preserved in the village. Most of the buildings are architectural monuments, therefore Pazardzhik is declared a state historical and architectural reserve.
Near the central square. I 233, 3 Mon-Fri 9.00-17.00. Maps of the Western Rhodope, brochures, travel literature.
Sights of Pazardzhik
The Cathedral Church of the Holy Virgin (1837, Father Paisiy St.) is one of the most valuable architectural monuments in the country. Its main value is a carved iconostasis, the work of masters of the Debris School. Two more excellent examples of the art of Debris masters have been preserved, but they are located in Macedonia (in the Church of St. Savior in Skopje and in the Bigorsky Monastery). The synagogue (1850, 5 A. Zlatarov St.) was built by the Bratsigov architect Stavri Temelkov. An interesting vaulted part of the ceiling, decorated with wood carvings depicting the sun and several round rosettes with interwoven ornaments of geometric shapes. Hadzhistoyanov house (Republiki St., 1), decorated with carvings, is considered one of the highest achievements of Bulgarian housing architecture ser. XIX century Also noteworthy is the church of St. Petka (1852), the church of St. Archangel (1860) with the icon of the same name, made by Stanislav Dospevsky, the church of St. Sotir (1862).
The Historical Museum (K. Velichkov Square, 15) is housed in one of the most representative buildings in the city. The Ethnographic Museum (8 Father Paisiy St.) is located in the largest residential building in the Pazardzhik era of the Bulgarian National Renaissance, which once belonged to Nikolaki Khris tovich. Samokovsky artist Stanislav Dospevsky lived in Paarzhik from 1864 to 1877. Nowadays, a museum has been built in his house (50 Blvd. Knya Guinya Maria Louise Blvd.). The building was built in 1864 by Bratsigowskiun architects in the so-called Tsargorod style and is considered one of the most beautiful buildings in the city. Some rooms were painted by Dospevsky himself. The Konstantin Velichkov House Museum (Teodor Trayanov St. 5) was built in 1850. It recreates the environment in which the outstanding writer lived and worked.
The surroundings of Pazardzhik
Excavations carried out in the Besapar mountains (about 10 km east of Pazardzhik, Sinitevo, Khadzhievo and Ognyanovo railway stations) excavations showed that the main city of the Thracians, Besapara, was on this site. 8 mounds preserved. Nearby are the remains of the prehistoric village of Maltepe, as well as the source of Three Voditsy (flow rate 900 l / s).